Sunday, September 30, 2012

Plans

And of course I've already gone about making more changes.  Mostly because 1) when I was at the Sun City Plant Sale, I said to myself, "Self, you need some irises because they're in your plans." and so I bought myself 3 irises - a William A Setchell, a Jesse's Song, and a White Cemetery (I also found out that the husband does not like yellow irises).  Unfortunately, I only had space for one plant - and I know I intentionally planned it that way because I have a mystery iris that I've been moving around my yard looking for a good spot for it to call home.  and 2) Shawn started questioning the design of the patio area (bulbous thing on the upper left) - not so much that I wanted to turn it into a patio with bird bath, but more because 'what are we going to do with the rock that's already there?'  ummm...get rid of it.  duh.  Leave it to my husband to not care about the cost of re-landscaping, but to instead care about the fact that we would be getting rid of stuff.  So I've added more space for iris and have reduced the size of the patio, though now I need to come up with more plants to plant in the area that is going to be neither rock nor patio.

5 comments:

Ally said...

Did you leave any space for spring blooming bulbs? I have some narcissus that I would be happy to share.

katina said...

Yes and no. I just bought some crocus that I need to plant, but I need to plant them in a location where my cats won't get to them and chew on them (aka they need to be in something like a planter), and so narcissus would probably go well in that planter as well.

Amy Farrier said...

Big plans! Isn't dreaming up future garden areas the best part? Aside from actually seeing those areas grow and bloom. I've got my pencil and paper out, too AND I've got dozens of mystery iris that I'm moving...somewhere. Excited to see your plan when it goes in.

Rock rose said...

How wise to put your plans on paper. I have never managed to do that. If you are in the market for more iris I have loads. Cemetery and Lucinda Hutson's pale purple with a splash of orange.

katina said...

Jenny - I got all the cemetery iris I need from Bob Beyer. But he said he's in the market for an iris that's any color but white.

One of my coworkers is also landscaping his yard and I know he said he needed white cemetery iris, so if you really are looking to offload them, I can give them to him.