Monday, September 3, 2012

Mockingbird


The mockingbirds and cardinals prefer this plant saucer of water in the backyard over the giant saucer of water in the front yard.  I'm not really sure why other than this one is shallow enough that they can bathe in it while the other one only allows them to drink (not that they'd drown, but it is deeper, which probably translates to more feathers getting wet and therefore affecting flight).  They probably also like this one because, as you can see, it's on a table which puts them above their surroundings.  

Now then, I'm sure the husband won't be so happy about the bird droppings. But then, it's not like we're using the table out there right now anyway.

1 comment:

Bond said...

Awww. Cute bird! I miss the mockingbirds. Here at the apartment, we only get sparrows and doves at the tray feeder (plus hummingbirds at their feeder). I'm excited we get anything, but I miss seeing the mockingbirds and cardinals around the yard.