Monday, January 4, 2010

Garlic: Update

prepping the garlic for planting wasn't nearly as bad as I was perceiving it to be--when you read directions and they're like "soak overnight in baking soda water. Soak 3-5 minutes in rubbing alcohol before planting" you start to thing "man, is this worth it?" but really the toughest part of the whole thing was finding small enough containers to keep the 5 types separated.

I planted the garlics in their little plots (square foot gardening) and posted the little labels to I know what I planted where. The only one that hasn't come up (and I doubt that it will) is the Kettle River. I don't believe anyone else I gave that to has had any luck with it either, so at least it's not just me. The other ones have all grown well, and I think it's type 3 that is doing fabulous...which of course worries me with the freezes coming up. oh well, c'est la vie.

No comments: