Wednesday, July 1, 2015

NxNA Garden Tour 2015: Herrick Garden

At the beginning of May, the NxNA Garden Tour took place and of the 24 gardens, I managed to visit 19 of them.  It was a busy day.

You can read my other NxNA Garden Tour entries (both this year and last year here).

Heather has an agave, named Agnes, who was gifted to her as a house warming present.  Agnes is an Agave Desmatiana.  Agnes is planted in the ground.  For those of you in the Austin area and who are into the spikey plants, you already know that Desmatianas aren't hardy down here.  Heather said that Agnes gets all tucked in whenever it's cold with Christmas lights and the whole shebang just to make sure she's happy through the winter.  I didn't take any photos of Agnes.  I don't really know why.

Heather was the only one I noticed on the tour who had before and after photos of the yard - it's always amazing to me to see the transformations these yards have gone through.

Dry Riverbed

Guara

Butterfly on coneflower (some type of skipper, I think)

Flowers (rudibekias?)

Front walk

Not a desmatiana.

No comments: