Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Garden Bloggers Bloom Day (June 2010)

The Eggplant has finally started blooming:
The blanket flower is still blooming, as are the tomatoes, and the mexican hat. The squash plants, watermelon, and rock rose all bloom off and on and of course are already closed by the time I get home from work. Funny story: the other day I saved a bee who had become trapped inside one of the squash flowers when it closed at the end of the day. Good thing I go out and check on the garden every morning and evening.

The purple lantana hasn't bloomed much this year, but the white ones are going crazy. The red and volunteer lantana both have bloomed, but it's not very consistent.

The coral honeysuckle is blooming off and on...as well as having issues with downy mildew.

The zexmenia looks like its about to flower, as well as the turk's cap.

I'm most excited (in the flower department--I think I'm probably always over all most excited about watermelon blooms because I really want to grow a watermelon) about the following two blooms:

Gregg's Mistflower (flash with motion blur is apparent--it causes that halo-ing effect--the flash first goes off and it freezes the frame, but if the shutter speed is too slow a bit of motion can get into the frame causing a halo.):


and Beauty Berry (there is some motion blur, but it was in the shade, with no tripod, shutter speed at about 1/10 of a second, focal length is like 240, AND it was breezy. So in other words, I'll take it!):

No comments: