Thursday, March 19, 2009

Spring Gardening

After the Master Gardener Presentation last night about Spring Gardening (and reading Skip Richter's article about growing tomatoes) I'm so totally jazzed about planting stuff.

Yay!

My coworker had started seedlings and then decided to move in with his girlfriend and the new landlady won't let them put in a vegetable garden. He may do some container gardening, but he's got WAY too many plants for just container gardening. So I may get some...the biggest problem of course is that I also am running a little short on garden space, too. (Damn you 6' tall tomato plants!)

5 comments:

Marilyn Kircus said...

I wanted to come to the gardening seminar but didn't make it. It seemed a little late to be learning about spring planting when in just a little over a week, it will be time for summer planting. My tomatoes mostly have buds or blooms, my fall lettuce is almost finished and I just planted the last planting of it. The turnip greens are in. The broccoli is almost finished, the peas are in. The new bed is waiting for the cucumber and squash plants that are growing on my deck along with lots of different kinds of pepper plants. I have to make a place for them soonest. Then I'll have a couple of days before its time to plant beans and field peas and winter squash.

Marilyn
Dripping Springs, TX

Bob said...

Katina, if you come out north any time soon, I have you a Rock Rose, some giant Petunias, and some Snow Cloud Artamesia.

katina said...

Bob,

::drool::

I can probably make it out next weekend.

Bob said...

Just let me know when. I'll put your name on them.

GartenGrl at Cool Garden Things said...

You could try growing your tomatoe plants upside down...I've seen pictures of this...to open up some floor space.
--GartenGrl