Sunday, November 16, 2008

Bloom Day - From earlier in the month and One Day Late

So, as mentioned in my last post, the wind on Saturday was horrendous. Aside from blowing the flowers all over and making it difficult to take a photo, it also was cold. And despite having grown up in Colorado, I can't stand the cold--as soon as the temps drop below 75, I'm wearing pants, once it's cooler than 70, I'm wearing long sleeved shirts. So, because of the wind, and the cold, I would have had to get dooded up in a snow suit in order to brave going out.

The spinach is taking off in it's various planters. The strawberry is keeping on keeping on. and the carrots finally started sprouting--I did have to cover that planter with some of my green plastic mesh stuff to keep the squirrels out of digging in it. At this time of year you really have to be on top of those buggers and their need to bury all of their nuts for the winter. Of course, you run into the same problem but in reverse during the spring.

Anyhow, here are some photos of stuff that's bloomed over the last month or so.

Spiderweb (Nov 1st)



Turk's Cap (Nov. 1st). Before planting.



Yellow Snap Dragon (Nov. 1st). Before planting.



Lantana (Nov. 16th)



Lupine (Bluebonnets). Nov 16th. I like the bottom picture better, but my husband likes the top one better. Thus why you get to see both. This plant isn't blooming, but it is doing pretty good in the planters.



Cyclamen in the shade garden (Nov. 16th). This is the only plant that is showing it's full potential after the wind storm yesterday. Despite what it looks like, this photo hasn't been touched up aside from scaling the image down so it would fit better on the blog.

2 comments:

ConsciousGardener said...

Hi, it's my first visit...I love the photo of the spider web...shiny:)

Anonymous said...

I agree, the spider web shot is a stunner. The colors of the web against the black background really makes it pop!

ESP.
http://east-side-patch.livejournal.com/








http://east-side-patch.livejournal.com/