Sunday, February 8, 2015

Around the yard in early February

Romanesco Cauliflower 2/7/15.  A very bad picture, but this cauliflower is all about the fractals.  Which is just like candy for an enginerd such as myself.

The garden on 2/7/15.  The lettuces are all stating to bolt.  The aphids are attacking the mustard greens.  Guess I'd better start thinking about cleaning plants out for the spring garden...or I could just wait until I have my tomatoes ready to go in.

My first cauliflower (at least, I think this is my first...maybe it's the second) on 2/1/15.  In any case, cauliflower normally never grows for me so I'm happy about this one.

White cemetery iris has started to bloom on 2/1/15.  No indication of blooming from any of the other irises I have around the yard, but then the cemeteries always seem to bloom first anyway.

2 comments:

Debra said...

Grats on the cauliflower! In my neighbourhood the white irises always seem to be the first. Yours is so lovely!

Danielle Butler said...

Yahoo! On the cauliflower. Met a lovely gardening couple who also told me all about romanesco. Very cool plant and very interesting looking- dani