Saturday, February 15, 2014

Bloom Day: Cactus Flower

So it's February.  There is very little blooming.  in fact, the only things blooming are the Henbit and my cacuts. 

I've contacted my cousin to get some custom flower pots made for my growing cactus and succulent selection.  In the meantime, I'm just appreciating the cactus flowers from my little Mammillaria weingartiana.  This little cactus has been blooming non-stop for almost a month.  Right now it actually has 3 open flowers, this is just an older photo - a photo from BEFORE I accidentally pulled it out of its little pot with my winter scarf.  Note: Winter scarves and cacti do not mix well.


4 comments:

Rock rose said...

Henbit! Ah yes, I forgot to put a photo of that on my bloom day . Enjoy your cactus bloom on this Bloom Day.

Linda/patchwork said...

Beautiful flower.
I have Henbit, too. Completely forgot. I have a whole area of the veggie garden full of it.
Maybe I can join in Bloomday, after all...lol

Anonymous said...

I thought about a photo of henbit, but decided not to! Love the photo of the flower--so pretty amidst the thorns.

Anonymous said...

If you look kind of sideways at it that plant looks a bit like a one eyed green monster!