Saturday, October 8, 2011

Support Your Independent Nursery Month: Barton Springs

I must admit, I don't normally shop at Barton Springs Nursery. It has nothing to do with the fact that it's far from my house - it actually has more to do with the fact that I didn't know it existed until last year. (I visit the Natural Gardener with about the same frequency - which is to say - when I'm looking for something specific).

The nursery is awesome insomuch as they grow their own plants on the premises (while I can't say that all independently owned nurseries grow their plants on the premises, I can safely say that the big box stores do not). This might explain the reason why the few plants I have bought from BSN are still alive while the ones I have bought from the big box stores are not.

BSN has recently gotten their shipment of fall planting bulbs (fall planting means spring blooming) as well as new cement planters/garden decoratives and pottery. So hurry on down and give 'em a gander.

Barton Springs Nursery is located at 3601 Bee Caves Road and can be found online at BartonSpringsNursery.net

1 comment:

Pam/Digging said...

Thanks for joining in for Support Your Independent Nursery Month, Katina. I look forward to hearing about the local nurseries where you regularly shop, and what you like about them.