Saturday, June 14, 2008

Operation: Rescue Lizard

So we've been working on a TV stand (which you can see stories about on my blog Here), and on Sunday, when Shawn pulled the pieces back in, there must have been a little anole lizard on one of them because when I went out to throw some trash away, there was this TINY little lizard sitting on top of one of the boards. And I mean tiny. From tip of nose to tip of tail he was no bigger than my pinky finger (about 2").

I briefly thought about getting my camera, but quickly decided against it as both of my cats were lounging in the driveway and I didn't think I'd be able to take pictures without one of them coming over to investigate. So, instead I went inside and got a glass and a piece of junk mail (I was hoping to do the whole catch it under the glass, slide the cardboard trick). Of course, things didn't go as planned. The little bugger kept running away from me (duh). and so finally I decided to set the glass down, and hope the little guy ran into it as I tried to coral him with the piece of mail. Now THAT worked. He jumped up on the glass (instead of going in it), but at least I was able to pick him up and take him over to the devil plant area without him trying to get away from me.

Thankfully neither of the cats came over to see what I was doing over in the berm, and so, now I've got another friendly garden creature eating more of those obnoxious bugs that do nothing but destroy my plants. Awesome.

No comments: