Sunday, April 1, 2007

Gardenin' 2007

Bought the stuff for and planted the garden today. That was fun.

2 columbine plants (one red, one blue)
1 hosta plant (Francee--that's what the tag says anyhow)
6 cayenne pepper plants
6 roma tomato plants
packet of corn seeds
packet of lima bean seeds
packet of watermelon seeds
packet of basil seeds
packet of cantaloupe seeds

the columbines and hosta went in the "shade" garden, aka the upper garden
the watermelon and cantaloupe seeds went in the sun garden, aka the lower garden
the basil seeds went in the sun garden
the corn, bean, and some more watermelon went in the front yard garden
the pepper and tomatoes also went in the front garden

Shawn thinks we should have split up the plants a little better--you know, 2 pepper plants in the backyard, 4 in the front, 3 tomato plants in the back, 3 in the front, etc. However, I'm lazy and he's not helping, thus they go where I want them. besides, it's looking like the back yard sun garden is starting to turn into the unofficial herb garden--some of the parsley from last year came back and so it's got a huge area taken up already. I think I'm going to have rolly-pollie problems though (I swear they're the ones that keep eating my lima bean seeds) so I'm gonna have to do something about that...

No comments: