Saturday, May 1, 2010

End of April

I had just read ESP's post in which he had a picture of these little eggs attached by a single thread to the underside of one of his bamboo leaves. So, you can imagine my surprise when I went out to check on my garden and, in checking for aphids on my pepper plants (in the past pepper and eggplant always seemed to have problems with aphids...as did the sunflower, but considering that the sunflower was a volunteer deposited in my yard by one of the helpful neighborhood birds, I could care less about aphids and skippers and ants on the sunflower), I noticed these:

Lacewing eggs


Another picture of some more of my Dillcats (the first one I took a picture of, by the way, disappeared. Like totally and completely. It wasn't even close to chrysalis stage, and it was just gone. POOF. Like the Langoliers. Poor Langolier Caterpillar. ):

Black Swallowtail Caterpillar on Dill




And a final picture; the first of the Confederate Jasmine flowers:

Confederate Jasmine flowers

2 comments:

Diana said...

Love those little lacewing eggs - that is the most adorable photo. LOL about your Langolier comment--takes me back years ago when I read that book. I'm a big fan. Hope the PE test was ok --I'm sure you're glad to have it behind ya.

ESP said...

Hi Katina.
What a great photo of the lacewing eggs...and congratulations on having some! My camera was going berserk trying to figure out what I was intending to capture. I was amazed how small they are!
Thanks for the link K.
ESP.