Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Best Laid Plans of Mice and Men...

There are mighty plans afoot.  Mostly with entirely redoing the side yard/back yard.  It is a project that I've had in mind for over a year now, but I've just never done anything about it.  UNTIL NOW.  As per my goals I wrote up for the year, I have finally come up with a plan.  I know, this is as weird for me as it is for you.

As the back portion looks now - a 'dry creek' which doesn't provide anything other than a crapload of rock.  In the new plan:  GONE.  Replaced with a small rock patio area with bird bath.  Also gone: the invasive nandina in the back corner and the asian jasmine.
As the front-ish portion of the area looks - totally over grown.  In the plan:  rock edging is gone, the turk's cap and shrimp plant stay in the same locaitons but the violet and petunias move.  Also gone - the struggling grass.  I don't really have what will be used for the paths defined yet...maybe foot friendly groundcover, maybe mulch, maybe decomposed granite.

Man, this planning instead of plopping is hard stuff...

And don't worry - as soon as I get my plan scanned in, I'll share it (scanned, taken a photo of, whatever - I'm an engineer, not a graphic designer).

1 comment:

Bob said...

If you need any ground cover, you should check out Leadwort Plumbaga. It's my new favorite ground cover. If you get out this way, stop by as I have a little you can look at.