Thursday, March 26, 2009

Massive Hail!

Luckily, it passed us by. Oh yes, we got hit, but we didn't have any lasting damage (unlike one of my friends--her bedroom window was busted by a racket-ball sized piece of hail). The tomato plants all look pretty good, considering. The only plant that looked like it might not make it is the eggplant.

Shawn took some pictures when he got home yesterday (he got home well before I did since I refused to leave work until I was guaranteed that there would be no hail on my drive home). I'll try to post them later.

::Okay, so I know I'm totally behind on pictures--I've got planted garden pictures to post, and flower photos to post, and now hail photos to post::

2 comments:

Tina Poe said...

I'm glad most neighborhoods didn't get hit very badly. Mine did, and I have tons of damage to my house, car, and PLANTS! Nooo!

Annie in Austin said...

You were wise to wait before leaving for home, Katina - we know 4 people whose cars were damaged while driving north on 183. My car's hood is indented but windshield was okay. We had some house damage, and we'll have to replace some tomato plants.
Hope there are some good varieties at Zilker Garden Fest AKA Flora Rama this weekend!

Annie at the Transplantable Rose