Thursday, April 15, 2010

Garden Bloggers Bloom Day

I know, everyone! I KNOW! a second bloom day post, ON BLOOM DAY. don't hold your breath for the Foliage Followup, though. Mostly because I will be spending all day tomorrow sitting at the convention center taking an 8-hour long Professional Engineering exam. Your positive thoughts are greatly appreciated.

As you can see, I pulled out the telephoto lens...of course that was to take pictures of the Swallowtail caterpillar, which is only 1/2" long. Maybe this counts as the Foliage Followup. So, check back tomorrow to check out this picture. Only this picture, not the other ones, otherwise it doesn't count. As I said, Swallowtail caterpillar. It's on my new dill plant which I got specifically to help repel the squash vine borer.

Next up we have the obligatory shot of the Tropical Milkweed I bought a few weeks ago. You know the hardest thing about taking pictures in the wind? getting pictures that are in focus. I didn't even try to get the toadflax which is still blooming (yellow, pink, and purple).



And finally there's the Society Garlic I got from Bob at Draco last year.

Other things that are blooming:
The previously mentioned Toadflax (you can see a picture here)
The Dr. Huey rose (Thanks to Lori at the Gardener of Good and Evil for the ID. a picture of that can be seen here)
The Snap Peas (which can be seen here)
I also think there might be some marigolds left, but the roly polies are all over them, so they probably aren't going to last too much longer.

4 comments:

Iris said...

My Society Garlics just started blooming a couple of days ago--happy they made it through this winter. Good luck on tomorrow's PE exam!!

vertie said...

Good luck tomorrow! Glad you got a shot of your caterpillar.

Bob said...

Man, your getting good with that camera. Those pictures are stunning.

ConsciousGardener said...

It's always nice to learn something new when you pop onto someones blog...dill huh? I always have a problem with the borer...I'm going to give it a whirl! Thanks, nice shot of the caterpillar too!