Sunday, April 5, 2009

Weather

This crappy wind on the weekends REALLY needs to stop. I've got garden work to do, but I refuse to garden in the wind and get dust blown in my eyes.

Also, I need to get this garden stuff done because I'm starting to forget about certain plants in pots--I have no problem with the ones on the back porch because I see them everytime I look out the door. But I'm starting to forget about the ones I had bought at the Zilker Garden Fest. I went out to check on them on Thursday night and thought they were a little dry, but didn't want to water them right before nightfall so I promised myself I'd do it Friday morning. I forgot. By the time I got home and remembered to check on them, it was just about nightfall and the poor bat-faced cuphea was all crispy. I doused all the plants in water as waiting until morning probably would have done them in. See? This is why I need to have a nice day to plant stuff.

And yes, yesterday WAS a nice day, and I should have done more gardening, but I thought the whole weekend was supposed to be nice, so I figured I'd do chores on Saturday, gardening on Sunday. Boourns stupid wind!

1 comment:

bond said...

I am also sick of wind. I trimmed shrubs yesterday anyway. We planted seeds too. Although I am not having lots of confidence in their survival since the soil is lumpy and the wind dries it out quick. But my flowers are doing great (and I haven't watered them since I planted - probably should but I am never here).