Monday, November 16, 2015

Saguaro National Park, AZ

So, I'm a National Park Collector. It actually hurts when I go somewhere close to a national park and am unable to go to it. For example, when we were in Florida, I kept trying to figure out how we could making going to the Dry Tortugas and Biscayne work with our schedule.  Since I couldn't get that to work, we instead went to the Everglades in two different locations on account of it being so big.

Needless to say, when I first told my grandma that we'd be coming for a visit and she asked what we wanted to do, I told her the ONLY thing on my list was to go to Saguaro National Park.

There are a lot of pictures of cactus flowers because it was like the first time I saw a bunch of cacti in flower.


The visitor's center



Saguaro in bloom.

Saguaro

Ocotillo with Fuzzy Bear Cholla at the bottom






For some reason, the juxtaposition of the wilds and the road (with copious directional signs) really struck me as a good photo.

No comments: