Saturday, June 27, 2015

NxNA Garden Tour 2015: Monnich Garden

At the beginning of May, the NxNA Garden Tour took place and of the 24 gardens, I managed to visit 19 of them.  It was a busy day.

You can read my other NxNA Garden Tour entries (both this year and last year here).

Ahhh yeah - back to the tour with an emphasis on the garden.  The Monnich Garden was lovely from the front yard.  It's amazing to me how you can just tell driving up to a house if the yard is going to be awesome or if it's only going to be so-so. But then, one of the other garden bloggers once commented that you can always find the house on the street where we're meeting up for our monthly get together just based on the yard alone.

Front yard

St. Francis

A bottle tree on the bank of agave in a sea of misflower

The artist at this garden was Stuart Wallace - his artwork tends to be more contemporary - I really liked the Captain Picard Face Palm piece and the one below.


Councilmember Gregorio Casar was chillaxing at the garden and I kept looking at him thinking, "Man, that guy really looks a lot like Casar.  I mean, it totally isn't him, but they could really be brothers.  I should tell him that he looks like Councilmember Casar; but then he'd think I'm really weird because who the hell knows what the City council members look like?"  In the long run I didn't talk to him only to find out from his twitter account later that is WAS him.  Sigh.  Totally should have gone out of my comfort zone on that one.

Bottles


No comments: