Sunday, November 17, 2013

Pam's Pink Turk's Cap

I'm going to be honest here. I'm still torn on the Pam's Pink Turk's Cap. I mean, I like it, but at the same time, I don't like it as much as the red Turk's Cap. It never seems to do as well as the red variety, but then, this year the red variety also was decimated by the grasshoppers, and never really bloomed like this one did.  Additionally, the pink flowers 'fall apart' after a few days - I've never noticed this on the red variety, so that's cool - the red ones usually just wilt and fall off the plant.



1 comment:

Ally said...

The grasshoppers were very bad this year. I was late putting down the NoLo bait, but I did seem to get some degree of control even with the delay.

I'm one the fence about the Pam's pink Turk's cap as well. I added 2 plants to the garden this year. They didn't start blooming until October even though I planted them very early in the spring. I guess I'll see how they do next year.