Saturday, November 7, 2009

Shoots

Already seeing chard, spinach and beet shoots. Mostly chard and spinach--theres only one place where a beet shoot is coming up, which makes me think that it's not a beet, but one of the spinach seeds I accidentally dropped.

I've got my garlic soaking right now, so I can plant that in about 3 more hours. I did give Bond and Ross 3 cloves of two different kinds of garlic, so hopefully they'll have some luck.

Now i just need to figure out what to do with the rest of this garlic...

Note: for whatever reason, I've decided to go in a fiscal year sort of sense for growing seasons--I think this has to do with the fall to spring season and which year do I put it under, etc. Because I work for the guvmint, and they do fiscal years from October 1 to September 30, I think i will do the same--kinda like the school year if you think about it.

1 comment:

Bob said...

Just because the gubment does it, then it must be right. Are you and hubby still coming to Thanksgiving? There will be another engineer there, although retired. We hope you can make it.