Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Dallas Arboretum April 2015

In mid-April I had to go to Dallas for a conference.  Shawn, after much convincing, joined me since we've never been to Dallas.  We were supposed to go for our 8th anniversary, but my Dad had to have his heart valve replaced so we never made it.  The Dallas Arboretum was about 20 minutes from our hotel so we made a day trip of it.

Columbines

Crinum Lilies

Dr. Seussian trees

A weeping tree next to a water feature at the entrance of the Arboretum

Kids' splash pad

Foxglove

Gingko Biloba

White Foxglove along the grassy field

Japanese garden - this is actually the first garden we walked through.

Lobelia

Mum

Pathway through the Japanese garden

A pathway through another part of the Arboretum

A statue testing the foxglove waters

Another statue overlooking the reflecting pool.



A waterfall through the trees

Water feature in the Woman's Garden

Entrance to the Woman's Garden

2 comments:

La Biosfera de Lola said...

Bonitas fotos, el chapotero de los niños me parece una maravilla, un saludo.

Claude said...

I lived in DFW for years, but for some reason I rarely visited the arboretum. I'm not sure why, it's definitely beautiful. Looks like you had a nice trip.