Monday, June 13, 2011

Lizard

Right before we left for Washington State, Shawn and I saw a lizard a lizard hanging out on our deck, all flashing his dewlap. Then we saw this guy, also flashing his dewlap but hanging out on our deck chair. And then he held still for a photo.

Camera: Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi
Exposure: 1/640
Aperture Value: 4.97 EV (f/5.6)
ISO Speed: 400
Flash: No
Metering Mode: Pattern
Exposure Program: Aperture Priority
Focal Length: 70.00 mm
Post Processing: GIMP - Saturation +10, Border


He ran off, returned to his normal green, and paused long enough for me to get another. The fact that I used a 70mm lens means that I was within a foot and a half or so of him, so he was mighty tame.

Camera: Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi
Exposure: 1/2500
Aperture Value: 4.97 EV (f/5.6)
ISO Speed: 400
Flash: No
Metering Mode: Pattern
Exposure Program: Aperture Priority
Focal Length: 70.00 mm
Post Processing: GIMP - Saturation +20, Hue -7, Border

3 comments:

Roberta said...

ooooo, that's an Anole. And flashing his dewlap? That made me laugh! I don't know what a dewlap is but I like the way it sounds.

Amy said...

Looks like you are having a lot of fun with your camera. I enjoyed looking at your photos!
I have seen a lot more anoles than the Texas spiny back lizards this year.

PJ | Home and Garden Decor said...

I see them all the time in my garden, running on top of my fence line or along the retain wall of my flower beds, even sticking to the screen of my kitchen window watching us eating :) and I'm always amazed how quick they can change color accordingly to their environment.

Same as Roberta, I don't know what a dewlap is either but I know what you mean. I think that's what the male Anoles do to impress the females. But I might be wrong. For sure it does look impressive to me.
Best Regards and Happy Gardening from Spring, TX to Austin, TX
Paula Jo