Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Draco Gardens

I went up and visited Bob, his wife, Lyn and their two dogs (Pepper and Bonnie) on Monday to get the brackets that Bob was nice enough to make for me. He also threw in some soaker hose irrigation systems that he was getting rid of.

As an aside: My goodness, at the rate that Annie and Bob are getting me set up, I should be able to actually keep something alive around here. :) And Thanks, once again. (I'll post pictures soon of finished plantings/products)

After driving down the drive way, in which there were parts where I questioned my sanity of taking the Fit, Bob and Lyn showed me around their garden area (broccoli has been allowed to go to flower because as Lyn says "sometimes, you can have too much broccoli", but cabbages and lettuce were still going strong), as well as the pond area. Bonnie (the blue lacy) kept me informed of the movements of the fish, as well as shared her chewie with me and Pepper was just a little love bug.

I meant to take my camera, but forgot it. Which is probably just as well--now I've got a reason to go out to Bob and Lyn's again sometime. :)

The part that I find the funniest, of course, is the fact that while I was driving down the rural road toward their house I kept saying to myself "hunh...this looks soooo familiar." About 5 minutes later I passed the sign for the ranch where Shawn's company usually has their picnics.

No comments: