Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Tree has been removed

It was actually removed on Tuesday of this week--As mentioned earlier, the arborist came (Andy Johnson from Central Texas Tree Care), and said that our tree was at emergency status and needed to be removed ASAP. This part didn't surprise me. In fact, the only reason I thought there was something wrong with the tree in the first place was because our cat refused to climb it or sit in her 'hidey hole' (one of the 90* crooks created a cat sized area where she could sit and be mostly hidden, but still be able to survey the yard). Funny little beasties.

We didn't have the stump removed, but that was because we didnt' see how they'd get the equipment into our backyard. So now I guess it's a sit and wait game for the stump to deteriorate. I wonder if Solarizing does anything for getting rid of tree stumps...

Overall it was cheaper than I expected (I was expecting it to be over $500 because the tree was in such a weird spot)...the final price was $450 and that included pruning all other trees on the property.

No comments: