Sunday, May 16, 2021

The Harvesting: It Starts

So, yesterday (5/15) began the harvesting of the Chocolate Sprinkles tomato (55 days per the tag, and probably like 62 days since I planted the plant). The blueberries has some tomatoes getting close... I actually like this tomato more than I thought I would - robust, sweet, will be adding it to my "recommended tomatoes list" especially if it holds up against the root knot nematodes.

Update:  the Blueberries tomato started harvest on 5/18 (65 days from transplant; tag says 85 days - and honestly, I DID pick them very early - just turning red, but still under-ripe), and the Inca Jewels on 5/22 (67 days from transplant; tag says 75 days - and yes, this was also picked very under ripe because I let the other one go until it was perfectly red and forgot to pick it and the opossum got it instead - and once Timmy knows there's tomatoes, Timmy will keep checking for ripe tomatoes which means pulling tomatoes much earlier than I would like just to thwart Timmy).  I just noticed today (5/23) that one of the stripey tomatoes is starting to ripen..I'm not sure which one it is...maybe the Pink Berkeley...

Timmy tomato. The sad part is that I MEANT to pull it the night before and just completely spaced it between taking a shower and making dinner. ::sad face::

  

No comments: