Sunday, February 2, 2014

February Wide Angles

At the beginning of each month, we join Heather at Xericstyle in posting wide angle photos of our yards.

We will begin again with a photo of the front of the house:





Okay, okay, even with the wide angle, it's hard to see anything, so here's a close up of the front bed.  It's looking pretty pitiful.  I also don't know if the agave will make it.




Next we will move into the panoramic of the back side yard.  There isn't much difference, but I did remove the dead Philippine Violet and the (potentially not) dead Firespike.  It looks like there is a lot less stuff because the Shrimp Plant has finally been completely defoliated due to the hard freezes we've had.



Continuing on, we get to the panoramic from the back door.  I don't know if you can even see in the previous panoramic, but I did remove a Nandina bush that was in the back corner.  YAY!


Yesterday when I decided I really ought to take the wide angle photos for February, I was in the middle of planting my Caldwell Pink Rose - a tiny little 4" pot that I bought on a whim at Barton Springs Nursery.  Of course, that was also like last February.  In any case, it's planted now - but DAMN that thing had a huge taproot - the root went out the bottom of the container and down deeper than a foot (that was as far as I could dig down and it was not giving up).  You can also see the trellises that Bob made for me against the fence.  The grass removal project is almost done/just getting started, depending on how you look at it.  All the St. Augustine grass has been removed (which was the majority of the area), but now we have some patches of Bermuda grass to get rid of.

And finally, the coup d'etat - the world photo:
February Backyard World Photo

No comments: