Monday, November 3, 2008

Operation: Planted

I planted the rest of my plants yesterday. The Turk's Cap bushes were split--one is in the 'upper garden' the other is in the 'lower garden'. This only happened because Shawn was worried that they'll get big enough to take over the stepping stones, so the original idea I had of planting one close to the stepping stones was nixed.

I managed to plant the entire flat of pansies and they're in the front yard--a couple plants by the tree, and the rest in the berm area.

I did 3 pots of flowers and put them next to the pepper plant (hoping that the bright flowers will attract the bees and possibly, maybe, hopefully, pollinate some of the pepper flowers).

Speaking of the pepper plants! I checked yesterday and noticed 3 little peppers on one them. FINALLY! I was worried that I was going to end up with nothing to show for this last growing season.

On a completely different note, I've noticed that MSS at Zanthan reads at least one of the same blogs I do--Svensto. I find this odd if only because it is a blog that has nothing to do with gardening and I actually found it through the blogwriter's granddaughter's (I think, it's either her granddaughter or great-granddaughter) website (The Daily Coyote).

1 comment:

Annie in Austin said...

Once it gets going, turks cap is like a small shrub, Katina - sounds like you made the right decision! We have little peppers now too, after a summer of leaves only.

Svensto has been on my blogroll for a few months, too. I think MSS twittered about finding her blog. Bet anyone who checked out the blog after seeing the twitter feed was hooked on the wonderful story!

Annie at the Transplantable Rose