Tuesday, August 28, 2007

more fruit!

I don't think I mentioned it, but the cantaloupe plant in the back did produce 2 cantaloupe. One of the fruits decided to stop growing and it just kinda sat there looking half-ripe for a long time (one side of the fruit had netting, the other side didn't). That one, was flavorless. Completely and utterly flavorless. It didn't taste bad, it just tasted like gelled water really.

The second one, however, was pretty good. It wasn't great, but it was pretty good, and when cantaloupes cost $1.29 at the store, and I only paid $0.80 for the seeds, I think it's a pretty good deal. This was the funny cantaloupe that originally started out wedged between the liner bricks and the fence, so for a long time it looked retarded. But it eventually rounded out and as i said, was good enough for government work.

Overall, I'd say I'd suggest the Hearts of Gold cantaloupe and the Cayenne peppers. Both have done well. The Roma tomatoes are good (as long as you don't eat a lot of tomatoes).

No comments: